- We are not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages, losses (including, without limitation, loss of profits, business opportunity or data), costs or expenses of any kind which arise out of, or as a result result from, any use or inability to use, or reference to, or reliance on any information contained within this website, or any other website that is linked to this website, whether through direct or indirect application to it.
- While the information contained within this website is periodically updated it is subject to change at any time. No guarantee is given that the information provided in this website is correct, complete or up to date. If you wish to rely on information provided on this website, please contact us directly. The provision of information on this website will not constitute any representation, warranty or undertaking (either express or implied) that the information is correct, current or up to date or that the information is suitable for any particular purpose.
- You acknowledge that your use of the website and associated services may be subject to interruption or delay. Due to the nature of the internet and communication services we and our service providers do not warrant that the website or services will be available without interruption or delay. We reserve the right to take this website down at any time.
- Although this website may include links providing direct access to other internet resources, including websites, Network Waitaki Limited is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information accessed via those links. The use of any information on any link, including websites, is at your sole risk. Links are provided solely to assist you to connect to those websites more readily.
- Links from this website to third party websites do not constitute an endorsement or sponsorship by us of those parties or their products or services. The appearance on this website of product or service information does not constitute an endorsement by us, and we have not investigated the claims made by any product or service provider. Product or service information is based solely on material received from suppliers.
- As a visitor to our website you must not create a link to any part of this website without our prior written consent. If you do create a link to any page of this website, you acknowledge that you are solely responsible for the consequences of that link and you indemnify and will keep us indemnified against all damages, losses (including without limitation loss of profits, business opportunity or data), costs or expenses of any kind, whether direct or indirect, arising from, or in connection with that link, whether brought in tort, contract, equity or otherwise.
- We are committed to protecting the privacy of users. However, to conduct its business, collection of personal information is often necessary. We aim to balance the benefits of collecting personal information with the rights of individuals to prevent the misuse of their personal information.
- This privacy statement sets out the types of information we may collect and how we may use that information. We reserve the right to change this statement at any time without notice.
- To receive some of our website services we request personal information from you, such as your name and email address. Your response to these requests is completely voluntary but some services we provide are dependent on receipt of this information.
- Once we receive your personal information it is immediately isolated on a secure server within our information system. However, the internet is not a secure environment and hacking of our information systems may occur, despite our best efforts. If you send us any information including your email address, it is sent at your own risk.
- This website uses “cookies”. Cookies are files that collect certain details of website users and store that information. The cookie will then remember the preferences of website users to make the website more user friendly the next time that the user visits the website. Cookies cannot read data on your hard drive.
- We also collect domain information, as part of our analysis of the use of this site. This allows us to gather broad demographic information, such as what country you are from or what Internet Service Provider you use. Your computer’s internet protocol address does not provide any personal details.
Use of Information
- We collect information about your interactions with our information systems and can share it with third parties engaged to provide services associated with our system security. This may include your use of our website, emails sent or received from you or any other information we consider relevant to the ongoing security of information systems. We can use this information not only to prevent unauthorised access or attacks on our system but also after a security event for forensic purposes. Your information may be used in this way irrespective of whether it is related to malicious activity.
- We may use a cookie file containing information that can identify the computer you are working from. We may also use the information generated by cookies to track traffic patterns to and from our site including information such as the pages you visit, the time you spend on each page, the date and time of your visit and referring pages (pages you came from or go to).
- Domain information enables us to become more familiar with which stakeholders visit our website, how often they visit and what parts of the site they visit most often. We use this information to improve our website.
- We will remove you from our database if requested by you. Under the Privacy Act you have rights of access to and correction of personal information that we hold. We offer the ability to correct or change the information collected at any reasonable time.
- We may record telephone conversations between you and people who contact us (or whom we contact), for lawful purposes connected with our electricity network activities. All recorded telephone conversations will be recorded in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
- We will not sell, lease or share your personal details with any third party without seeking further consent from you, unless:
- It is necessary for the ongoing security of our information systems;
- We need to disclose your personal information to provide you with further details of the products and services you have expressed an interest in;
- Authorised by you; or
- As required or authorised by law.