High load consent
A High Load Consent is required when transporting loads with an overall height greater than 4.25 metres through the NWL network. Please refer to the policy document NP 15/120 for NWL’s policy for over-height loads.
Time frames for processing applications are:
- Load Height (4.25m – 5.0m) 2 working days
- Load Height (5.0m – 5.5m) 5 working days
- Load Height (>5.5m) 15 working days
Generally, loads less than 5.2m on main roads and 5.0m on side roads will be approved for travel without an escort. Loads higher than this will require a NWL escort.
- Escorts will only be performed during daylight hours.
- Radio communication is required between NWL escort, driver and any pilot vehicle.
- NWL may require continuous insulating skids over the top of the load.
- Any escort costs and costs for work required on the NWL network to allow the load to pass will be charged to the high load applicant.
- Other conditions, as appropriate will be detailed on the approved high load consent form.